Monday, January 4, 2010

awakening

Matthew was kept sedated for another day to run more tests and also to be kept on the ventilator.
The ventilator was taken out last night and he is breathing very well all on his own.
He is awake this morning but, as I am sure you can imagine, doesn't feel much like himself or like talking.
His grandparents from Montana arrived late last night and are joining the rest of our family in picking up any slack.

Thank you for your prayers and please keep them going until we get our Matthew back to 100%.

3 comments:

sarinahbrooks said...

Great news! We fasted for Matthew, you and your family on sunday. By the way, I covered for ya and the nursery was crazy! Lots of crying little ones. At one time, 5 out of seven were screaming! Ah, the love!) ANYTHING FOR YOU GUYS THOUGH! For you, I will help any way I can. (Maybe I was released a bit pre-maturely with all your trials that have come up but I am here for when you need me!) We love you! We pray for you all daily!

Nikki said...

Fantastic news. He will be back to his old self soon.

Jenifer said...

So glad things are going as well as they can considering what he is going through. We love you guys. Let us know if we can do anything.